Laura Petersen (as she says with 3 “e”s) is our guest today. She has a system that helps entrepreneurs ethically and strategically write, self-publish, launch, and leverage a bestselling book.
Laura is a wealth of information and I’m guessing that “Write a Book” might end up on your goals after listening to this episode!
- The lead domino of business publicity: writing a book
- Using Amazon as a research tool
- The benefit of hitting #1 on Amazon (outside of the pretty screenshot)
- The logistics for getting your book up on Amazon
- There are subcategories (beneath business, marketing or your umbrella category) that are very relevant to your niche and those are the categories where it’s manageable to hit #1 bestseller and be proud of doing so.
- Select the subcategory where the #1 ranked book has a lower OVERALL Kindle ranking because it’s a less competitive category. This means you’ll likely need fewer sales to hit #1 than you would in a more competitive category.
Websites & Tools Mentioned in this episode
“Any best seller list is possible to hit, it just depends on how much money you want to invest in marketing to make that happen.” – Laura Petersen
“Use the best right tool for what you’re doing.” – Jaime Slutzky
“A book is just another medium that allows us to share our knowledge with somebody a couple steps behind us.” – Laura Petersen
Connect with Jaime
- Instagram: @techofbusiness
- Twitter: @techofbusiness
- Facebook: @yourbiztech
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaimeslutzky/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Laura
- Website: Copy That Pops
- Books: Copywriting for Podcasters & Permission to Write a Brand Building Book
- Instagram: LaptopLaura
- Facebook: LaptopLaura